Assembly of Final Card Project
Submit Final Card Project. 11 P2 Folder submitted to Faculty Boxes containing:
final pdf case study. The following items are to be an addition to the midterm project.
- Contrasting master page for the final section.
- Raster based Photoshop project
- concept statement page
- placed sketches on two pages
- sketch images adjusted for contrast and legibility
- digital process is used to demonstrate your competency with the use of Object Layer Options
- interactive pdf with fade page transition
- the Secretly Famous Project. Set up master page for this section. Use Object Layer Options to walk viewer through the layers of this project as well. Tell the story.
- Bookcovers assignments?
InDesign Package generated from InDesign.
Generate an interactive pdf with ‘fade’ transition between pages.
Folder title “Lastname Final”
Peer Proofing before submission.
Review of Final Projects on screen.
Thanks, and have a great break!R
Week 9 Quiz
Change screen resolution
Shut down Photoshop. Open up system preferences. Open up Displays- second row. Choose “scaled” Change screen resolution to 1600 x 900.
9A Photomerge exercise
This is for students with large format artwork that will not fit on the scanner. The board is scanned in multiple passes with at least 1/2 inch overlap. Then Photoshop’s Photomerge function is used to ‘sew’ together the multiple overlapping image files. Simple adjustment and cropping in Photoshop. Download photomerge.zip 2 pts.
9B Key Adjustments in Photoshop
Image<Adjust< from simplest (least useful) to most complex:
Hue/Saturation isolating single primary/secondary hue
Key image retouch tools in Photoshop:
art tools: Smudge
Lab Time for Final Card project.
Your final illustration must be derived directly from your own sketch, demonstrating the painting process using layers as shown in class last week. Focus on deliberate separation of elements onto layers.
Move sketch in.
Duplicate sketch layer
Adjust sketch image layer copy with levels.
Select white pixels with magic wand. Continguous turned off.
Delete white pixels so only lines remain.
At 4:15: submit Final Card progress check:
“Lastname 9D.psd” to Faculty Boxes
Student Progress Report
Friday 5:00 pm of this week (9) is the deadline to withdraw from a course you cannot pass. A withdrawal does not affect your GPA (though it does affect your wallet). If this is an necessity for you in any class, see your academic director before doing so to learn the consequences this may have on your financial aid/loans/GI bill etc.
Work on your Final Card Project. Bring a layered .psd card illustration file to use in class next week. We will be assembling your case study in class next week, and sufficient progress on your card is necessary to do next week’s exercise.
Lab Time for ‘I am Secretly Famous’ project.
Open your selfies photos and your celebrity image options, and continue using layer masks to put your face on the face of the celebrity’s body. Or Photoshop yourself into an existing photo using layer masks.
Get with two other students you don’t sit next to and examine their project:
1. Does the vertical angle of the heads/faces match?
2. Does the horizontal angle of the heads/faces match?
If they don’t, Tell your peer crit partner. Show them the problem. Suggest solutions: a better selfie, flipping layer horizontally.
Your final native file must exhibit the logical and effective use of layer masking for credit.
Adjust the color of each component of the composite to match. Blur, burn, dodge to match images.
Source information Type layer
Please create a type layer (hidden) in your .psd which contains the source information for the images used. Submit native file next week in class, beginning of class.
Submit Secretly Famous progress check:
“Lastname 9C.psd” to Faculty Boxes
1. I am Secretly Famous project. You will submit the native file next week in class, beginning of class.
2. Work on your Final Card Project. Bring a layered .psd card illustration file to use in class next week. We will be assembling your case study in class next week, and sufficient progress on your card is necessary to do next week’s exercise. Full case study due week 11.
3. Next week is the last week to resubmit improved projects for a possible better assessment.
Next week is the last week to submit late work. No late work will be accepted after the end of class next week. Please review your student progress report closely and act on that information.