- Submit Site analysis as word document week two titled “Last Name Website Analysis 1.doc” to Faculty Boxes/smansfield/Inbox. 2 pts.
- Skills Inventory “Last Name skills.doc” to Faculty Boxes/smansfield/Inbox. 1 pts.
*Course Competencies from the CC250 Syllabus
At the conclusion of this course the student should be able to
3. Design a basic website interface.
4. Design and execute web-ready documents that use aesthetically pleasing design elements.
5. Create functioning web pages using a WYSIWYG page generator.
6. Prepare digital images for use in a hyper-linked document.
7. Convert existing project files into file formats suitable for posting to the web.
8. Publish a Portfolio website to a live server
VTC tutorials. Login process. Link in right sidebar. Mansfield site password. Brief review of resources.
Using Illustrator, create a custom logotype/monogram. Treating letters as shape. Exploration.
Illustrator terms and concepts:
Native Illustrator File: .ai
Point Type object versus Area Type object
Installing typefaces on a mac. Fontbook. .ttf or .otf file format.
Converting type to paths: Type/Create Outline
Exporting .png file
Uploading to Wix, placing into Muse
Royalty Free Font resources:
On Installing fonts using Fontbook. Managing fonts. Using Fontbook to preview text.
Illustrator and Photoshop type basics.
Illustrator: type>create outlines, path editing, pathfinder.
Photoshop: rasterize type layer.
Outputting .png file to preserve transparency
Discussion of Concept Statement homework
Discussion of first Assets folder, Due week 4.
from the ground up. Tools, menus.
Muse interface, from the ground up. Tools menus. Page Size screensiz.es
Page background: color or image?
Browser background: color or image.
Templates: check page size, keep page size consistent from page to page
Templates: replace all components with own.
Scanning review. Setting resolution, mode. Next week: photomerge.
- Word Document Post titled “last name_concept_statement”. Copy and paste the content of this word doc into a post and follow its directions: Concept Statement.docx.
- Read: portfolio
- Finish your Logo design, post it to your website header 4 pts. Bring .ai file to class next week for submission. Critique at beginning of class next week.
- Research: Find three portfolio sites in your field/profession. Review them. Write about their styling choices, navigation- did they use categories? Do they offer a resume? Identify areas for improvement. Due as word document week two titled “Last Name Website Analysis 2.doc”
- Due week 4: First Folder of Assets. What will you feature on your site? pdf version of business plans, jpeg images of projects. Doc, .rtf, or .txt file containing captions for each image, informative text. Collect this first of three installments in a folder. 6 pts