A multiple choice and fill in the blank quiz will be administered at the beginning of class. Quizzes are administered at the first 15 minutes of class and may not be made up. Arrive on time in order to take the quiz and earn the 1 point. Quizzes are open book, screen, computer. They are not open discussion.
- Textbook assignment. The tutorial “2
TECHNIQUES FOR SELECTING ARTWORK”
Submit the finished native Illustrator file as “Lastname_Tutorial_2.ai”.
- The Adobe Illustrator Story. 3 quiz questions and their answers in a Word document as titled “Lastname_video_questions.doc”.
Shut down Illustrator. Open up system preferences. Open up Displays- second row. Choose “scaled” Change screen resolution to 1600 x 900.
clipping mask demo file.
3A Pen Tool Exercise
Efficiently use points and their Bezier Handles/ Direction Lines to draw the contours of a shape with a fixed number of points. Recognize and efficiently use Direction Lines/Bezier interface elements in future functions and applications designers encounter.
Key commands with the pen tool:
space bar: move point while holding down mouse button.
Option/Alt key: “break” the point to create a corner point.
Adding/extending to an existing path with pen tool by hovering over path. Notice the “/” symbol. If you click when that symbol is present, the path will be extended.
A key– Direct Selection Tool
P key– Pen tool
- Trace the hand.tiff with a 1 pt stroke with the pen tool using only 28 points. Use corner points.
- No slop for (stay within the black line.) Visible white canvas between the vector path and the raster line is slop.
Pen Tool Resource: Vector Tuts: The Comprehensive Guide to Illustrator’s pen tool
Submit a folder called by your last name 3A, containing this file with both the Pear and the hand tracing.
(may be submitted next week if you need time outside of class). This exercise is key to your success in the remainder of the quarter:
It must be submitted to spec (no slop!) in order to earn a passing grade at midterm.
You can do it!
Gradient Mesh Tool introduction.
Work on Self Portrait.
3B Self Portrait progress check submitted after 9 pm for credit.
Include a text object which contains your current grade percentage in this class from the Brightspace Gradebook. This may not be submitted late. No progress=no credit. 1 pt.
Package Folder titled “Lastname 3B”.
- Make sure that your 3A file currently contains examples of clipping masks, the mesh tool and the other items we did today in class. Next week we will do the 3A Handtrace. It is due in two weeks.
- Textbook: Complete the tutorial “6. Creating an Illustration with the Drawing Tools”.
Bring the finished .ai file to class next week to submit for credit titled “Lastname_Tutorial_6.ai”.
- Watch this video
- Finish your Vector Self Portrait outside of class.
Do your best: be courageous and honest.
Native Package folder due next week, beginning of class titled “Lastname_self_portrait”. (We will go over how to package at that time.)
- Next week: A multiple choice or fill in the blank quiz will be administered at the beginning of class next week. Quizzes are administered at the first 15 minutes of class and may not be made up. Arrive on time in order to take the quiz and earn the 1 point. Quizzes are open book, screen, computer. They are not open discussion.