A multiple choice and fill in the blank quiz will be administered at the beginning of class. Quizzes are administered at the first 15 minutes of class and may not be made up. Arrive on time in order to take the quiz and earn the 1 point. Quizzes are open book, screen, computer. They are not open discussion.
- Textbook assignment. The Lesson “2
TECHNIQUES FOR SELECTING ARTWORK”
Submit the finished native Illustrator file as “Lastname_Lesson_2.ai”.
- The Adobe Illustrator Story. 3 quiz questions and their answers in a Word document as titled “Lastname_video_questions.doc”.
Shut down Illustrator. Open up system preferences. Open up Displays- second row. Choose “scaled” Change screen resolution to 1600 x 900.
3A Clip Masks, Gradient Mesh Tool, Pen Tool Basics
Create three artistic clip masks. Move them to the artboard and label them.
Gradient Mesh Tool introduction.
Make a Gradient Mesh Object. Clip it with a clip mask. Move it to the artboard and label it.
Efficiently use points and their Bezier Handles/ Direction Lines to draw the contours of a shape with a fixed number of points. Recognize and efficiently use Direction Lines/Bezier interface elements in future functions and applications designers encounter.
Key commands with the pen tool:
space bar: move point while holding down mouse button.
Option/Alt key: “break” the point to create a corner point.
Adding/extending to an existing path with pen tool by hovering over path. Notice the “/” symbol. If you click when that symbol is present, the path will be extended.
A key– Direct Selection Tool
P key– Pen tool
- Trace the hand.tiff with a 1 pt stroke with the pen tool using only 28 points. Use corner points.
- No slop for (stay within the black line.) Visible white canvas between the vector path and the raster line is slop.
Pen Tool Resource: Vector Tuts: The Comprehensive Guide to Illustrator’s pen tool
Submit your 3A file to Instructor/smansfield/dropbox
Work on Self Portrait.
3B Self Portrait progress check submitted 4:15 pm for credit.
Include a text object which contains your current grade percentage in this class from the Brightspace Gradebook. This may not be submitted late. No progress=no credit. 1 pt.
Package Folder titled “Lastname 3B”.
- If you need to, finish your 3A file and ensure that it contains labelled examples of clipping masks, the mesh tool and the other items we did today in class. Next week we will continue on with more Pen Tool material.
- Textbook: Complete the Lesson “4 Editing and Combining Shapes and Paths”.
Bring the finished .ai file to class next week to submit for credit titled “Lastname_Lesson_4.ai”.
- Watch this video
- Work on your Vector Self Portrait outside of class.
Do your best: be courageous and honest.
Native Package folder progress check due next week, beginning of class titled “Lastname_self_portrait”. (We will go over how to package at that time.)
- Next week: A multiple choice or fill in the blank quiz will be administered at the beginning of class next week. Quizzes are administered at the first 15 minutes of class and may not be made up. Arrive on time in order to take the quiz and earn the 1 point. Quizzes are open book, screen, computer. They are not open discussion.